What makes us ONE
As ONE Layne, we have a rich and diverse history dating back to 1882 when we began as a domestic water-well drilling company in South Dakota. From those humble roots, and over 130 years, we've evolved into a global Water Management, Construction and Drilling Company.
As we've grown, so has the diversity of our organization - and never more so than in the last 15 years, during which time we've acquired and integrated 48 unique companies into the Layne organization. With each stage of our growth, came new people, new processes and new thoughts that influenced our culture and helped make us the company we are today.
Despite the changes, there remained some common threads between all of the unique divisions, locations and functions that make up Layne. Most notably, at our core, is a long-standing theme of responsibility to our people, the environment, our company and clients, as well as a fundamental set of behaviors that guide us in our day-to-day quest to maximize the value of Layne over the long term.
It's our belief that a strong and unifying corporate culture is the cornerstone of our success. Living by our Core Values and beliefs has given us the foundation that we have built on to date. These values and beliefs define us as an organization - defining not only what we believe in, but how we do what we do, each and every day...and that make us distinctly ONE Layne.
We're the Responsible Growth Company.
Layne operates upon a philosophy of responsible growth that guides us in consistently doing the right thing for our people, the environment, our company and the clients we serve every day. We strive to leave the individuals and places we touch better off for their interaction with us, and our culture is embodied in our unwavering commitment to the four core values that define us:
SAFETY Safety is a fundamental right of every person who works for, or interacts with Layne. It is an inherent part of our mindset, and is the most important factor in each decision we make.
SUSTAINABILITY We operate in an environmentally conscientious and socially responsible manner, always focused on sustaining balance for the people and communities in which we work.
INTEGRITY At every level of our organization and in every activity we engage in, Layne employees are honest, trustworthy and ethical.
EXCELLENCE We aim for the highest possible standards of quality and efficiency and consistently strive to exceed our clients' expectations.
At Layne, we believe in eight fundamental habits that help us maintain the right mindset for living our values and promoting our goal of responsible growth:
- We believe in treating others with RESPECT, dignity and understanding and choose to recognize individual differences as positive and advantageous.
- We believe in communicating with CLARITY, eliminating possibilities for error and confusion.
- We believe in taking full ACCOUNTABILITY throughout planning and execution of any task.
- We believe in COLLABORATION, because our success depends on working together toward a common purpose.
- We believe in acting with COURAGE, persevering to overcome obstacles, and standing strong for what is right.
- We believe in having PASSION for our work, sharing our enthusiasm and taking initiative whenever possible.
- We believe in INNOVATION, consistently seeking out and cultivating ideas for competitive advantage.
- We believe in FUN, and openly encourage an enjoyable workplace.
Layne's Commitment on Human Trafficking
- via monitoring, we will routinely audit our partners to ensure our guidelines are followed. We will provide training to third-party vendors and work together to address compliance issues.
- While conducting routine audits, we will begin the remediation process of identifying any potential behavior that conflicts with our values. We will educate or terminate relationships that seem unwilling to make improvements.
- We commit to train all employees to adhere to the Code of Business Conduct; and identify and address human trafficking and slavery to raise awareness of this issue.
Video: Chilean Mine Rescue
Chilean miners were rescued after 69 days underground.Watch Video
Fiscal Year 2016 Sustainability
View Layne's full Fiscal Year 2016 Sustainability Report.Download