HEAVY CIVIL - Sycamore Creek Wastewater Treatment Facility
Growth in the Eastern Cincinnati area, stringent tertiary treatment standards, high BOD loading and wide ranging flow conditions prompted this multi-faceted treatment plant upgrade to 50 MGD capacity.
Layne constructed the following significant process components:
- Raw Sewage Pumping Station
- New Preliminary Treatment and Grit Removal facility
- Renovated Sludge Handling Facility
- Enhanced Aeration Facility
- Chemically Enhanced High Rate Treatment Structures
- Biological Odor Control Facility
- UV Disinfection & Effluent Pumping Facility
- Replacement of Sludge Storage tank dome covers
Layne worked with the owner's operations staff and the engineer to construct the new facilities within and around the existing facilities. This was a very tight site for the plant size; extra emphasis was placed on sequencing. Temporary bypass pumping systems were required in five critical places at various phases of the project.
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Construction
- Pump Station Construction
- Pipeline Construction