HEAVY CIVIL - Walnut Creek Water Reclamation Facility
Population growth, prevailing regional drought conditions and a high ratio of peak flow to average daily flow were factors in the development of this state of the art wastewater treatment and water reuse facility.
Layne performed all work required to construct the complete Walnut Creek WRF Phase 2 Expansion. This is a 3 MGD contact stabilization wastewater treatment and recycling facility. The project consisted of:
- Influent Pump Station pump
- Odor Control System
- Two 100-foot diameter Final Clarifiers
- Aeration basin with fine bubble diffusers
- Aeration Blower
- Advanced Thermophilic Aerobic Digestion structure and equipment
- Return and Waste-activated Sludge Pumping
- Sludge Dewatering System additions
- Rotary Drum Thickener
- Yard piping, electrical, instrumentation and controls
- SCADA system
- Security system.
Layne worked with the owner's operations staff and the engineer to construct the new facilities while maintaining process treatment in the existing process train.
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Construction
- Pump Station Construction
- Pipeline Construction